Through vocational service, Rotarians contribute their professional expertise and skill s to address societal problems and needs, and to promote high ethical standards in the workplace.
The following was presented to the club in November 2011. It is a personal and professional statement by all Rotarians.
DECLARATION OF ROTARIANS IN BUSINESSES AND PROFFESSIONS
As a member of Lompoc Rotary, you can expect that I will:
1. CONSIDER my vocation to be another opportunity to serve;
2. BE FAITHFUL to the letter and to the spirit of the ethical codes of my vocation, to the laws of my country, and to the moral standards of my community;
3. DO ALL in my power to dignify my vocation and to promote the highest ethical standards in my chosen vocation;
4. BE FAIR to my employer, employees, associates, competitors, customers, the public, and all those with whom I have a business or professional relationship;
5. RECOGNIZE the honor and respect due to all occupations which are useful to society;
6. OFFER my vocational talents: to provide opportunities for young people, to work for the relief of the special needs of others, and to improve the quality of life in my community;
7. ADHERE to honesty in my advertising and in all representations to the public concerning my business or profession;
8. NEITHER SEEK from nor grant to a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normally accorded others in a business or professional relationship.
* * * *