Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Paul Harris Fellows
Credit Card Test Only
The Rotary Club of Lompoc was organized on February 18, 1925 and chartered on March 21,1925. The club had since played an active role serving the community of Lompoc.
In the past, the club held its weekly meeting at various locations, including the Valley Club, the Lilley Building at 107 North H Street, and currently at the Embassy Suites Hotel at 1117 North H Street.
Past members of the club included several former Lompoc city mayors, council members, police chiefs, fire chiefs, local business owners, educators, medical professions, non-profit organizations, veterans, Federal employees, etc. Notable were Eugene Stevens, Dr. Larry Heiges, Pooley Jacobs, Virgil Phelps, Karl Braun, Ken Stillman, Alex Main, Clarence Ruth, Bob Lilley, Earl W. Calvert, F.H. "Mutt" Beattie, Walter Manfrina, Bill Culberson, Ron Reid, Earle Sweetland, J.D. Smith, Al Walker, and so many others. The club's first woman president was Susan Reardon, 2013-2014.
Each year, the club help finance a big community project. In recent years, these included renovation and repairs of the Boys & Girls Club, YMCA, Veterans Memorial Building, and Huyck Stadium press box. They have also constructed a new BBQ pit at Beattie Park; bought a new town clock on South H Street; provided a new handicap accessible van, twice, for the Comprehensive Care Center. They have contributed to the construction of the Lompoc Valley Medical Center new facility and the new River Bend Bike Park, dedicated in honor of Rotarian Al Walker. Other donations have benefited the Library Foundation, Museum Foundation, Lompoc Historic Society, Police Activities League, Mural Society, Crestview School, Lompoc Theatre Project, etc.
The club is involved with several community service efforts aimed at our youths. Each year they award two high school scholarships and a Service Above Self Award. They are an annual sponsor of a Lompoc Valley Flower Festival Queen candidate.
The club is actively involved with international service through Rotary International and in support of other clubs overseas outreach. These included building schools in Guatemala and the Congo. Rotary International's biggest program is PolioPlus, dedicated to eradicating polio through inoculations worldwide. Since the PolioPlus program inception in 1985, more than two billion children have received the oral polio vaccine and in 2015 are down to only two countries with polio cases.
NOTE: Please help us with this page. Your knowledge and memories of the club can be included here. Just send an email to the club secretary/web admin and he will add it to this page.